Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Intense, Incredible, Ridiculous amounts of excitement...

So. I messaged my cabin from camp this summer first, because I PROMISED them they would be the first to know, but then I jogged right on over here to post a blog about it, because I'm just THAT excited.

I finally finished the song that I've been working on since camp this summer. I've had the words finished for forever and the tune for quite a while, but I finally got around to actually getting music for it! I'm SOOO excited. It has guitar chords and everything.

Video on Facebook to follow sometime in the near future. If not tonight then hopefully tomorrow. So. Yes. That is all. I just had to post...

EDIT:

Here are the words. Like I said, video to follow.

Oh, it's titled Give it Up

You've been my friend for a while now
And I can't even tell you how
How much I've come, to care for you
But I know you're not walking in the truth
In the light of His love
Friend He loves you so much
I can't tell you how much

Chorus:
Let go of all your burdens and your shame
Because I know you feel it
My friend you'll never be the same
So give it up, give it up
Give it back to God, back to God
And just give it up

Friend I think you're searching
In all the wrong locations
The world cannot replace
God's grace
He can take away your sin
Make you new again

Bridge:
It breaks my heart o know
That if you go
You'll have nothing to show
To the Holy God, my Mighty God
Friend make Him yours
And just give it up...

2 comments: