Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Be Still and Know That I am God

Be Still and Know that I AM God.

How often do we really take time to be still? How often do we even really take time to acknowledge God? I know I don't do it nearly as often as I should. But the part that's really striking me tonight is the part that I think maybe we miss more often, even, than being still. I think we miss KNOWING that God is God.

How comforting is it that God tells us we can KNOW He is God? How comforting that we don't have to think or believe, or hope, or feel, we can KNOW, beyond the shadow of a doubt. God is. He is Alpha, Omega, Beginning and End.

I think often times we put God in a box. I think, to a certain we can't really help it, because we are finite people trying to understand an infinite God. Even so, we have a tendency, I think, to forget that God is God. We box Him in with our circumstances, we forget that He stays the same, regardless of where we are in life. We think, because we feel hopeless, that God is hopeless, or a lost cause, instead of realizing that He is our ONLY hope, our ONLY cause, regardless of where we are in life.

SO I guess today, I'd just encourage you to take a moment and remind yourself that God IS God, regardless of anything else in life. He is God.

1 comment: