Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hope...

So today I have been pondering hope, and how so many of the people I know are completely and utterly hopeLESS. I think this is so sad and tragic, because hope s right at their fingertips, in easy grasp. It's like...well, I don't remember who was saying it, but someone said it, that if you seek, you WILL find, because God WANTS to be found.

I just don't know how they can live like that. There is no meaning in life to them, no point, no purpose. I can't really fathom how they live like that. I guess I was blessed enough to be born into a Christian family where I never really had those questions--well, I did, but there was always an answer right at my finger tips. I only had to ask and someone told. I think I've taken that so much for granted.

But the bottom line is, what do I do about it now? The biggest thing on my heart lately has been to pray. I've been trying to be a prayer warrior, which is super-duper hard for me, because I'm a little ADD about that sort of thing, but I know it's the best thing I can do, other than be a friend to them.

At FCA today (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) we talked about having a servant's heart; what it means to be a servant and how we apply it to our every day lives. And I had the greatest quote in my devos this morning--"God isn't looking for ability, He's searching for availability." Sort of like "God doesn't choose the qualified, He qualifies the chosen." And so I am making it my deepest effort to be a servant, and to be available to God whenever, wherever, no matter what. I want to have a servant's heart and I want to seek God, and I want to be a prayer warrior.

So I guess I'd invite you to pray with me. Pray for the people I don't feel I should mention on the internet, but who are very specific in my mind and who need God's hope and peace desperately. Pray for me, as I trudge on the journey God has set before my feet, that He would use me, that I would be an instrument He can use, clay in the Potter's hands. And know that I'm praying for you, too, whoever you are, all the people out there who read my blog.

Love you all so much.
Erika Rose

2 comments:

  1. Erika! This is beautiful....God will use your humble heart and your prayers in ways you can never imagine. Prayer is the most powerful thing you can do....and then listening to God for other ways to serve those He puts on your heart.
    Way to go awesome girlie,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wondering about some of these things myself. How do people get through hard times that don't know God, don't have any Hope? I can't imagine what a lonely world it would be to not have God in your life.

    ReplyDelete