Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wild Flowers and Honey Bees

I miss the days of innocence and bliss
When I thought I could have anything I wished

When everything was black and white
And I didn't have to read between the lines

I miss the days when everything was good
And things went like I thought they should

When I didn't know how cruel the world could be
Everything was just wild flowers and honey bees

When Mom could solve my problems with a kiss and a smile
And tell me I'd feel better in a little while

When I didn't know that sometimes people walk away
Or what it's like to feel alone at the end of the day

When I didn't know I could hurt someone
Or that they could hurt me in return

These days I feel like I don't even know the girl that is me
I know now that it's not all wild flowers and honey bees

No comments:

Post a Comment