Thursday, July 2, 2009

Fraught with Dangers

So. I was driving the four-wheeler home today after raking hay for my daddy, and thinking that it was probably kind of funny that I felt safer on the 4-wheeler than I did in the tractor, because I'm probably ACTUALLY safer in the tractor...you know, it's big, if I run into anything, the tractor probably wins. Unless it's like, you know, a train. Where as on a four-wheeler, I'm pretty much screwed if anything happens. Nothing above me to keep me safe, and just, yeah. Not exactly the safest things ever, right? And then I was like, but I feel even SAFER on horseback...Any horse's back, generally! Which, as anybody who rides 4-wheelers and drives tractors *cough*mydad*coughcough* would tell you are MUCH safer than a horse.

And I was like, well, you know, they're all pretty dangers. But we never really think about them being dangerous...Well, I lie. We do, but more as a "if I treat it with respect and do everything right, I'll be fine. Don't do anything stupid" sort of danger. Which is true! And then I was thinking about and I was like, You know, horses probably are the most dangerous of the three. Due to the whole brain factor. You know, even if you're using them right, sometimes they spazz out anyway, and you get hurt, no matter how "right" you're doing everything. And then I was like, well, it happens with tractors and four wheelers, too. It's why they're called "accidents." No matter how careful you are, sometimes things just go wrong, and it's totally weird and uncalled for, but it happens.

So then I was like, so wow, everything I do is dangerous! And I was kind of laughing to myself and was like, "You know, I bet the city people wonder (Well, when they think about us country bumpkins, anyway) how we survive! Everything we do is dangerous!"

And then I decided that the city has it's own kind of dangers! I mean, seriously, do you ever hear of anyone getting murdered or raped in a small town? NO! That only happens in the city! Then again, there's also so many people in the city that the odds of you being singled out are about one in a million, but, STILL! It's a danger! Plus, more cars, thus an increased chance of car crashes and yadda yadda.

So I've basically decided that life is fraught with dangers, no matter where you go, and that everyone it just used to their own kind of danger. My dad thinks that tractors are a lot safer than horses, but I would be inclined to say that horses are safer than tractors...A person from the city would instantly tell you that BOTH tractors and horses are TERRIBLY dangerous, and no one should EVER go near them while proceeding to crawl into their car and drink alcohol, so basically, we all live dangerous lives. Mwahahaha. Isn't it great living on the edge?

P.S. I had to look up "fraught" to make sure I was using it right, cause I'm all cool and OCD like that. I am. xD It means "lots of, or loaded with." Just for the record. xD

1 comment:

  1. You couldn't be more right, honestly. I am a citygirl, well. Indiana. Haha, almost in the capital. Anyways, I personally love horses, so I would say most are safe.
    Anyways, that is a lot to think about. A lot musing when you should have been watching where you were going. Lol, jk.
    Well, anyway, that is a lot. Great writing job. Love it. Fantastic point too. If only I had that much logic. xD

    ReplyDelete