Sunday, July 5, 2009

Looking Forward

Basically, for ages, I've been wallowing in self pity. "Oh, I wish we were still at the farm," or "Dang I wish Sarah was still here," or "Man, I miss those days." And I've GOT to stop doing that! It's no wonder I feel like crap! I'm a malcontent! I'm always wishing for what I HAD instead of rejoicing in what I HAVE.

I was listening to Crazier, by Taylor Swift (kind of a funny inspirational song, I know) and the second verse goes something like
"I watched from a distance as you
Made life your own
Every sky was your own kind of blue."
And I decided that I'm going to be that person. I'm going to make life my own. There's also the quote from Step Up 2 (best movies ever) where Chase tells Andie, "Maybe it's not about going back. Maybe it's about being right where you are."

It's so true, and that's what I'm going to work on. I'm going to be happy with exactly where I am. I'm going to STOP looking back and wishing for a place and time that's long gone, and I'm going to START looking forward, to tomorrow, to whatever God's got waiting for me just around the bend. I'm going to trust that He knows what He's doing. =) I'm going to be happy! I'm going to stop looking at the mistakes I've made and I'm going to start figuring out how to fix the ones that I can, and I'm going to learn from the mistakes that aren't fixable. I'm going to love the day and place and time where I am now. I'm going to stop living for yesterday and start living for today and for tomorrow. I'm going to stop looking back and start looking forward, because there's little for me in my past. It's all about the future.

2 comments:

  1. That is truly the best attitude for a happy life. "Bloom where you are planted"
    Like the sign in SS - Trusting God means believing He knows what is best for you.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete