Thursday, July 16, 2009

Doing Something Right

So. Maybe this is conceited or something, but I love it when people feel like crap, and they come to me, and they're like, "I hate my life." For instance a girl in my class went through some drama a while back with her boyfriend and her supposed "best friend" and like, she sent me this random myspace message, and was like, "hey, can I talk to you?" and of course, I was like, yeah, anytime. And then today she texted me about this whole court thing going on for custody, because her parents are getting divorced, and it's like. I don't know. Maybe I'm just being conceited, but it makes me feel good that she comes to me with this kind of stuff, even though it's not like we're really good friends or something. Like maybe I'm doing SOMETHING right, pulling SOMETHING off, even though I constantly feel like I'm making mistakes and screwing stuff up. It's like, I must be putting something out to the rest of the world that says, hey, she's the girl to go to when life gets sucky. And I love it. I mean, I hate seeing people hurt, but it's like, I tend to feel best about myself when I'm helping someone else out. It's like the quote I've got on my wall. "If you don't start living for other people, you will be consumed with yourself. Once you start giving, though, your emotional needs will take care of themselves." That's so true for me. It's like, the only times lately, that I honestly feel REALLY good about myself, is when I'm doing everything I can for someone else. Maybe that's really twisted, but I don't mean to make it sound like I get joy out of other people's pain, because I most definitely don't, but it's like...I don't even know. I'm just gonna shut up, now, while I"m still ahead. xD And hope that at least SOME of that made some kind of sense. xD

No comments:

Post a Comment