Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Tigger and Eeyore in Me

So my mom told me once that her personality type was almost exact parts Tigger and Eeyore. (She compares the four personality types to Rabbit, Tigger, Eeyore...and Pooh? I don't remember the fourth one) She told me that she was afraid I was a lot like her, and then said "And some days, you're just bound to feel like you have two personalities!" The more time that passes, the more I find this to be true. I consistently find myself torn in 2 completely opposite directions.

The Tigger in me always wants to be happy, to look at the bright side, to go out and seize my opportunities! The Eeyore in me always says just be sad, cry a little, hang tight.
Tigger always wants to forgive while Eeyore always tries valiantly (and usually unsuccessfully, lucky for most people) to hold a grudge.
The Tigger in me always (painfully) hopes that they'll get in touch. Eeyore, ever the pessimist, (or maybe just the realist) say don't expect anything, because then you can't be disappointed.
The Tigger in me always wants to jump up and make friends while my Eeyore is always saying to let them come to me, or moping that I don't have friends at all.
The Tigger in me always tries to make excuses when my friends let me down. "I bet they're really busy, or maybe they have their phone off!" while Eeyore just says "Yep, they definitely have better things to do than talk to you."
Tigger is ever happy and self confident while Eeyore is sad, negative, pessimistic and hopelessly insecure.
I think Tigger is the one people tend to see, unless you're a really good friend, but Eeyore is the one who's usually whispering things in my ear.

At any rate, I'm sure you can see my dilemma! Some days I most DEFINITELY feel like I have two personalities!

No comments:

Post a Comment