Saturday, August 1, 2009

So I had to Laugh today....

So. I get all dressed up for the movie, right? Like, my hair is all done up and my makeup is on, and I'm wearing a pair of (my mom's) high heeled boots. And then I get a call from David, who's stuck in Buffalo, SD (haha, Sterling) because one of the company trucks had a roll over, and he's gonna be stuck down there for who knows how long. So he calls about five thirty or so, wondering if I'll go out and throw his horses some hay, and so of course I tell him I will. Sooo, I take off my mom's boots, because I know she'll kill me if I get them dirty, and change into my DC's, because they're sitting right by the door, and scoot out to the four wheeler. So I'm going down the road, and about to take this turn by the rest area, and there's this guy pulling a trailer, so I take the turn kind of wide so he's got room to get the trailer around the corner, and he just LOOKS at me!

And finally I realized that I probably look totally ridiculous. I'm all dressed up, looking all classy (is it stuck up to say that about yourself?) and city-slicker-ish, on this grungy four-wheeler that's got dirt and mud over everything, and taking the turn wide enough for the trailer. Kind of ironic, right? LOL. Gotta love the small towns.

No comments:

Post a Comment