Friday, August 7, 2009

I Love

I love it when you're singing this song that you've been asked to sing. And you're not really feeling it. Sure, you can sing it, but you're having a hard time getting the song. And then you pray about it, and the song just absolutely grips you, and you feel it down in the very deepest parts of your soul. I love that, when a song grabs hold of you like that, and pulls you into the message.

And then the fact that I have been absolutely blessed with the ability to sing, so that I can give that message to other people, so I can give them the emotion that a song makes me feel, that I can show them what a song means to me. It is such a huge blessing, and all I can find myself thinking is "Why me, Lord? Why do I have this gift?" And from there, "Help me use it. Keep me humble."

It's kind of a heady feeling to get in front of other people. All I can hope is that I don't get carried away with it. Keep me humble.

No comments:

Post a Comment