Saturday, September 4, 2010

Viva Las Vegas

Went and watched Bill Hecker work my horse today. It was amazing. She was going to the right (Which is where I was having problems) and looked really good. We laid her down (sounds really inhumane, I know, but honestly, it's good for them!) and mauled her. Not literally! Just rubbed her face and sat on top of her and all that jazz. She just laid there all chill. Untied her legs and she didn't even try to get up. We had to roll her up. maybe that's not such a great thing but I thought it was a pretty good sign? Meant she was pretty chill and okay with what was going on. And then I worked her. She sent to the right amazingly, and her whole attitude was different. I asked her to back off and smacked her a little, which usually results in pinned ears and a very nasty look in her eye, but today I just got one ear flicked back (Letting me know that she was annoyed) and the other stayed glued on me. Which means that she was super focused! And she was all joined up with Bill, which was fantastic. She was like, in his pocket, but in a good way. Not really being pushy about it or like this was just the motion without REALLY being joined up. She's decided that he's herd leader. I guess they had a pretty epic battle yesterday but I think it paid off. Here's hoping, anyway. -crosses fingers- Hopefully next week I'll be taking her back to Dickinson with me. If all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment