Sunday, September 5, 2010

New Hearts

I don't know what I'm thinking about tonight, exactly. There's been sort of a half-formed idea rolling around in my head all day. Maybe if I start to write about it, I'll be able to really get it out.

Basically, I was just thinking today, thanks to the sermon, about how we aren't made perfect when we are born again, but we ARE given new hearts, and a DESIRE to be perfect, even though we can't possibly be on this side of Glory. And I was thinking about how we are told to strive to be holy, as Christ was holy. And the passage where Paul was talking about basically being two people, old man and new man, and wanting to do the right thing, but not doing it, and therefor never doing what he wants.

And so I guess basically, we aren't perfect, but we get new hearts that DESIRE to be perfect, and, thankfully, God's mercies are new every morning and He lets us start fresh on our journey to becoming holy. In His eyes, as long as we're forgiven, we ARE holy, because we are atoned for. Now THERE'S a cool thought. =]

xoxo,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment