Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Opportunity

Today, I was thinking back to when I first came to Dickson and how excited I was about all the possibilities and opportunities. And how, as time has gone by, I've sort of lost that drive and excitement for life as the "new" becomes the "old." But I've been realizing, every day is new, and it ought to be exciting.

When I came to Dickinson, I just felt the year was so full of promise, and excitement. I couldn't wait to see what it had in store for me. And as the new has just become the norm, I've lost that. But really, every day is new, new possibilities, new opportunities, and I'm wondering why I don't wake up excited and on fire for that? Every day should be exciting! Every day is new, God-breathed, God-given. And it holds every bit as much promise for change and opportunity as the year did when it was new.

And so I guess my challenge is, look at every day the way we tend to look at the new year, as filled with hope and opportunity for change, for growth, for newness. Just be excited about life! Who knows what today is gonna bring.

xoxo,
Erika Rose <3

No comments:

Post a Comment