Friday, December 31, 2010

Out with the Old, In with the New

New Year's. Possibly one of my FAVORITE days of ever year. ;) There's just something so exciting about a new year, the opportunity to make new memories, and "fresh tracks" so to speak, in a new year. I guess that's a pretty good illustration. Every year, we tromp around in the snow, and leave foot prints, make memories. And then, a new year rolls in, and it erases all the old tracks (a chance to start over fresh) and we get to tromp around in FRESH snow, and just start over.

I'm just so excited. There's a few things that I need to let go of, that I've been clinging to like a drowning man, and I really don't know why. And again, it's not like you need a new year to do that, it's just, I don't know, a good time to really think about these things, I suppose. More than that, though, I'm excited to plunge into a new year with both feet first, holding onto the people who are still in my life, and peering around the corner to see what God has in store for me next.

I am just so excited! I have so many plans for the year, things that are going to be happening. The summer is pretty much just going to be filled with horses. I have a gal who wants me to ride a six year old gelding for her, both Bill and DeeDee want me to do work for them, I think Dad'll have some work for me, plus working Viv and getting her ready for horse shows! It's just going to be a wonderfully fantastic summer. And next year...Well, who knows where God's going to put me? But I'm excited to find out, because I'm pretty sure that wherever it is, it's going to be exciting, you know?

There's just something so symbolic to the new year, I feel. And it's time to grab the bull by the horns, as they say. 2010 brought a lot of change and growth, and I can't wait to go into 2011, with both new and old friends by my side. This is just going to be a good year. I can feel it.

I hope the rest of you are as optimistic about this next year as I am. Have a safe and happy New Year's, and God Bless!

xoxo,
Erika Rose <3

No comments:

Post a Comment