Saturday, March 28, 2009

Horse-Play

Well, today, I played with my horsies. Always great fun of course. Haha. Viva did really well considering I haven't worked her in quite a while. She moved her hip really REALLY well, although that's one of our strong points so I'm not surprised. She moves her shoulder away from the pressure, but she doesn't pivot on her back end when she does it, yet. I'm not quite sure how to fix that. Oh well, I'll figure it out eventually. The world wasn't created in a day, right? She was also joined up right off the bat, which is always really super-de-duperty terrific. Hahaha.

And of course, I rode Vegas. I actually got to move a couple cows on her, one with a calf, so she was really "snorty," as Dad puts it. I thought Veg was gonna get me run over a couple times. The cow would stop and give us that nasty eye and Vegas wouldn't stop! I was like, if we keep crowding her she's gonna charge us. But other than that it was pretty okay. Hehe. And then. I played with her, On the ground, obviously. She did really well. She alwasy wants to trot when I send her out on the circle, though, instead of just, like, you know, walking and being all chill and taking on my energy. Not that I'm very good at giving her my energy yet. I need to work on that. Sarah was really amazing at that. Ugh. I can't believe she's gone...Sorry! Little bit distracted. Anyway.

And then. I got to ride Resistol. DeeDee and I went trail riding. It was pretty great. Zist is actually really fun when you get him going. I'm learning to get along with him. He's really light and sensitive to everything, which is hard, because I tend to be a bit heavy handed. But we got along famously today. It probably helped that he was in the side-pull hackamore instead of a bit, so it wasn't quite so hard on him.

DeeDee was riding Sunrise, and when we hit this section line, a jack rabbit popped up, like, RIGHT underneath the horses' noses. It was awful. Zist did one of those spin moves and I thought he was going to take us through the barbed wire fence. But he didn't. Which is always a good thing. And I didn't fall off! Didn't even lose my stirrups! Hehe. Sunrise, though. We looked at his tracks, and you could see where he spun, and then he jumped and the tracks where he landed. He must have jumped, like, eight feet. It was crazy. Then again, maybe not, since he's a BIG boy. Hehe.

Half way through the ride DeeDee and I switched and I got to ride Sunrise. He is such an awesome horse. I wish I were going to be able to do shows this summer, but I'm not. I'm probably going to be in Washington for the Wibaux show, probably over in the Valley for the Baker show, which just leaves the Glendive show. Which I hate. And so it would just be a waste. I haven't gone to Broadus or Miles City in years past, so I doubt that's going to change. One of these days, though, I'd love to show him. He has the smooooooothest gaits. It's lovely. =D He was really tired by the time we were done, though. Haha. He's young and out of shape after the winter break. Bahahaha. Poor boy. He's a nice kid, though. Love him.

Haha. That totally made me think of Sarah and our whole, "I like the rough and rugged look. Can you imagine if someone heard us talking like this?! They'd think we were talking about boys!" Aw. Sad day. She left this morning and I already miss her. Gah. Oh well. Life goes on. =)

I also had to work at the Tastee Hut today. We got hit with a HUGE crowd of people at like, quarter to eight. (We're supposed to close at 8) and it was insane. I ran my legs off, and my feet are really sore. Like, they feel like they have blisters. They don't. But it sort of feels that way. Haha. Not that I'm complaining. It wasn't that awful.

But I am really tired. So now..I am off to bed. =D Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment