Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I am Ready...

I walk down the parking lot. The wind is cold, biting through my jean jacket. It's not enough for the weather, but I really don't care. I'm not planning to be out and about much. I catch sight of a friend's car and smile a little to myself. Some of these cars are familiar--most are not. I find myself relieved that this is the last time I will be making this walk. I'm confident about the decision that has been made. There's no regret that I won't have to do this again.

I am infinitely grateful for the time I have spent here, for the experiences I have gained, and the friends I have made. For all its trial and difficulty, I am so glad to have had this experience. It was a good choice for the moment, and I don't regret it, but I don't regret where I'm headed now, either. I am at peace with the choices I've made, with the battle I've fought. But that period is over, and I am ready to move onto something new. Take some time to rest, recoup, and prepare for tomorrow's battle, whatever tomorrow, in all its uncertainties, happens to bring me.

A thousand thank yous to the people who made my stay in Dickinson incredible and worth while. There are far too many of you to count, just know that each and every person I have come in contact with over the last seven months has had an impact, and I am thankful to all of you. I will miss you the most, of everything that I am leaving behind, but I am ready to move on. I will miss you. I love you all. I will keep in touch. I promise. :)

Thank you so much for the fun times and the experiences. You're the most fantastic people. I love you. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hope everything is okay Erika....You are such an incredible girl!

    ReplyDelete